Task Force Members
List and Links to Members
- American Medical Response
- Catholic Charities CYO
- Center for Independence of Individuals with Disabilities
- EPIC, California Department of Health Services
- Family Link
- Foothill College - Adaptive Learning Division
- Hip Housing
- Home Safety Services
- Hospital Consortium
- Kasier Permanente
- Matched Caregivers
- Mills Peninsula Health Services
- Ombudsman of San Mateo County
- OT House Calls
- Pathways Home Health, Hospice & Private Duty
- Peninsula Volunteers, Inc.
- Rebuilding Together
- Reliable Caregivers
- Sesen Elder Care
- Sequoia Health and Wellness Center
- Sequoia Hospital
- Senior Assist of the Peninsula
- Sequoia Hospital Community Advisory Council
- Sutter VNA & Hospice
- Stanford Trauma Center at Stanford University Medical Center
- Veterans Memorial Senior Center Adaptive Physical Education Program
Fall Prevention Coalition of San Mateo County
The Fall Prevention Coalitation Members include representatives from hospitals, EMS, home health and home care agencies, occupational and physical therapists, exercise instructors, and others interested in reducing falls and fall injuries in older adults. Membership is comprised of individuals, organizations, agencies and businesses (non-profit and proprietary). Meetings are open to all interested parties, and membership includes the following criteria and expectations:
- Participation in Task Force meetings and activities
- Participation in one sub-committee
- Commitment to representing the Task Force first and foremost when participating in Task Force community activities.
- Membership status is designated after attendance at two task force meetings
The benefits of becoming a member of the Task Force are numerous including, participation and recognition as a member of a successful team responding to community needs, access to Task Force resources and materials, networking opportunities, access to expertise and best practices of fall prevention, and connection to local, state and federal initiatives.
The Task Force has five active sub-committees. These committees include: Membership, Website, Community Education & Awareness, Medication Management, and Train-the- Trainers. Current activities include:
- Development and maintenance of the Task Force website to promote the issue of fall prevention, describe the Task Force and its membership, offer resources on fall prevention, and act as an administrative tool for the Task Force members.
- Fall prevention education to community members through presentations, health fairs and trainings.
- Advocacy within San Mateo County to increase awareness of the problem of falls and visibility of the Task Force through presentations at county health collaborative meetings.
- Distribution of the Task Force developed Sit and Be Fit Fall Prevention videos and DVDs, which are available in three languages (English, Spanish, and Chinese).
If you would like to join the Task Force, please let us know!